File Management Recommendation: Google Drive
• Google Drive is a great tool for not only file storage but is also useful when sharing files among a team. Files such as logos, pictures, marketing plans, and QuickBooks files can all be saved and archived.
In addition, there is a desktop instantiation that allows you to store the files on your desk which is automatically synced to the cloud, so you can work even when you are not linked to the internet.
- Calendar Recommendation: Google Calendar
• Google Calendar is a useful way to keep track of upcoming scheduled events. The tool allows for notifications and color coding for different types of events.
You can share calendars with your team and you can have events tagged as private so it only shows you are busy not what you are accomplishing.
Task Tracking Recommendation: ASANA
• ASANA is the tool used for scheduling tasks. Tasks can be created within a Business Company Project and reassigned to other team members.
Multiple projects and team members can be created or assigned and several predefined reports and views are available.
You are also able to email tasks into the system and have action items created.
- Accounting System Recommendation: QuickBooks
• Used to manage finances, bank feeds, deposits, and checks writing. It comes in two flavors, a desktop version or a cloud version. For small startups the cloud version is relatively cost effective and contains most if not all the required features.
QuickBooks is a robust double entry accounting system used by thousands of companies.
- POS Recommendation: Square
• Square provides all the features of a more expensive POS, with the main feature desired is the acceptance of credit cards. It also has an interface for collecting and paying taxes. It can be used on the multiple device for instance computer, tablet, or phone.
- Spread Sheet Recommendation: Excel or Google Sheets
• For document creation and editing either Excel or Google sheets is used.
- Document Processing Software Recommendation: Word &//or Google Docs
• For document creation and editing either Word or Google Docs is used.
- Email Recommendation: Google Mail.